Are you thinking about a house makeover? Some tips from our experts in Athome
Renovating your home can bring some new life to you and your family. Even small, simple changes may have a great impact in your mood, the way you take advantage of your house’s natural light, and the main style of the living space. You can also undertake bigger home improvement projects that can renovate your house completely.
When you think about renovating your home, you may feel overwhelmed. There are many important aspects to consider: whether you are looking to repaint the entire house, refurbish your rooms with new décor and furniture, or update your main living area, you will need the help and advice of experts in home renovations.
Let’s go through 6 tips that may help you:
- Take your budget and schedule into consideration. This is a very important part of the planning process, and though it may seem obvious, if you want to get things done, it is compulsory. Set realistic goals and keep yourself on track with your possibilities. If you get advice from home improvement specialists, they will help you choosing the best option for you, with the best price.
- Get creative. Try to imagine and plan every aspect of your home makeover. It is crucial that you get inspiration from other projects you may see online, magazines or stores, etc. Then, put all that inspiration into your project plan and discuss its viability with the professionals that will undertake the remodel.
- Create more space with mirrors. Sometimes, a room expansion it’s impossible, and it is normally pretty expensive. Instead, you can strategically place mirrors so they make a small area seem much bigger. This won’t cost you as much as larger remodel would do and may also give your house a classy touch.
- Try to focus on space. A home makeover is the perfect time for you to make the most out of your space. For example, consider putting new hanging and wall shelves that not only have functional purposes, but also serve as a piece of home décor. Floating shelves are also very trendy and you can use them for little photographs or anything else.
- Bring the outdoors in. If you want to easily freshen up your home, adding fresh flowers and plants is an easy, affordable way to do it. Plan the area where big plants will be placed, or use shelves for smaller ones. This will look natural and organic.
- Finally, let yourself be advised by professionals when choosing lighting and colours. This is one of the most relevant decisions, as it will set the mood of your home. Lamps can enhance the living space, and light, soft colours will bring natural light into your home. If you want to add a focal point, try painting just a wall with a strong, darker colour.